[Haskell-cafe] Re: ANNOUNCE: Utrecht Haskell Compiler (UHC) -- first release

Lennart Augustsson lennart at augustsson.net
Mon Apr 20 07:17:13 EDT 2009

If every implementor got to choose what subset of the standard to
implement that all code would have have to written in the implemented
intersection.  I think that's a terrible idea.
The Haskell98 standard was set so there would be a baseline that
people could rely on.

When I implemented Haskell (both times) there were odds and ends that
I really hated (some of those feelings have changed), but I did it

  -- Lennart