[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: Runge-Kutta library -- solve ODEs

Martijn van Steenbergen martijn at van.steenbergen.nl
Sun Apr 19 17:19:07 EDT 2009

Hi Uwe,

Uwe Hollerbach wrote:
> I have so far only tested it with ghc 6.8.3 on MacOS 10.3.9 (powerPC),
> but I know of no reason why it wouldn't work with other versions and
> OSs.

It works fine on 6.10.1 on Leopard Intel as well.

> I'm afraid I haven't messed with cabal much yet, so it's not
> cabalized; neither is it uploaded to hackage, as I have no account
> there. If someone wants to do either of those, please feel entirely
> free to do so.

It's really easy to do this, and I strongly suggest you do. To save you
some work, here's a cabal file you can use that directly allows you to
'cabal install' your package:

(filename: rungekutta.cabal)

> Name: rungekutta
> Version: 0.1
>
> Cabal-Version: >= 1.2
> Build-Type: Simple
> License: BSD3
> License-File: LICENSE
>
> Library
>   Build-Depends: base < 5
>   Exposed-Modules: RungeKutta

All you need to do is find a nice category for it (with matching module
name), change the cabal file accordingly, create an account at hackage
(see http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/accounts.html) and upload it.

Hope this helps,

Martijn.