[Haskell-cafe] Re: ANNOUNCE: Utrecht Haskell Compiler (UHC) -- first release

Benedikt Huber benjovi at gmx.net
Sun Apr 19 06:56:39 EDT 2009

Thomas Davie schrieb:

 > On 19 Apr 2009, at 00:31, Antoine Latter wrote:

 >> Apparently a "user" install of uuagc and fgl isn't good enough.  Fun
 >> to know.
 >
 > I've found user installs don't work at all on OS X, various people in
 > #haskell were rather surprised to discover this, so apparently it's
 > not the default behavior on other platforms.

Why do user installs 'not work at all' on OS X ??

I'm on OS X 10.5, I always use cabal install (user), and never
encountered any problems. The only caveat duncan mentioned is to pass
--user to 'runhaskell Setup.hs' (which I never use, because there's cabal).

For me, following 'cabal install fgl uulib uuagc', uhc compiled without
any problems. There is a small issue (5) with 'make install' though: The
'bin' directory is not created if neccessary.

benedikt