[Haskell-cafe] Issues with running Ghci from emacs

Daryoush Mehrtash dmehrtash at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 23:12:46 EDT 2009

I am having problem running GHCI with Haskell files that include imports.
I am running emacs22 on Ubuntu,  with haskell-mode-2.4 extensions.

I load my file (Fal.lhs in this case) in emacs.  Then try to run the Ghci by
doing C-c C-l.     The result is shown below.   Ghci fails to find the
Draw.lhs which is also on the same directory as the Fal.lhs.   Note:  If I
go to the directory where Fal.lhs is and run Ghci directly it all works
fine.   Any idea how I can get the interepreter to work form emacs?

GHCi, version 6.10.1: http://www.haskell.org/ghc/  :? for help
*Prelude> :cd ~/.cabal/
Prelude> :load "../Documents/haskell/SOE/src/Fal.lhs"
*
../Documents/haskell/SOE/src/Fal.lhs:76:9:
    Could not find module `Draw':
      Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.
Failed, modules loaded: none.
Prelude>

Thanks,

Daryoush