[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Elerea, another FRP library

Patai Gergely patai_gergely at fastmail.fm
Tue Apr 14 06:46:59 EDT 2009

> Interesting. I'm testing it on Window though. You're using Linux? Maybe
> the scheduling is different.
Now I tried it on Windows in VirtualBox, and it still looks quite smooth
to me (except that hardware acceleration doesn't seem to work properly
through virtualisation, but it's okay as long as I keep the window small
enough). However, unlike the Linux version, it does max out the CPU, so
the trick with threadDelay 0 doesn't work. Apparently, I'll have to find
a real Windows box somewhere, because I couldn't reproduce the jerkiness
you're talking about.

Gergely