[Haskell-cafe] Cabal and WinHugs

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 23:02:21 EDT 2009

Hello,
What is the preferred way to install a cabal package so that it works
with winhugs?  When I tried "cabal install --user --hugs" I got an
error that it could not find "hugsffi".  I managed to get things
working by manually downloading the package, and extracting the
appropriate source directories to the "packages" folder of winhugs
(i.e., basically skipping cabal) but this is kind of clunky. So to
summarize, here are my two questions:
  1. Am I doing something wrong, or does "cabal" not support WinHugs?, and
  2. Does WinHugs have a user specific "packages" folder (so that each
user can have their own set of packages)?
Thanks for any info that anyone might have,
Iavor