[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Elerea, another FRP library

Peter Verswyvelen bugfact at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 17:19:22 EDT 2009

If you're interested in the history of FRP (which I think isn't too bad) you
could read
- the book "Haskell School of Expression <http://www.haskell.org/soe/> ",
which contains a good introduction to classical FRP.
-  "The Yampa Arcade<http://haskell.cs.yale.edu/yale/papers/haskell-workshop03/yampa-arcade.pdf>"
paper, to get introduced to newer arrow-based FRP.

- FRAG,  <http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Frag>a Quake-like game written
in Yampa

- "Genuinely Functional User
to see how user interfaces could be made with arrow-based FRP

The newest FRP approaches are Reactive and Grapefruit, but these don't  have
a lot of examples yet.

For Reactive, besides the nice FRP tutorial that was mentioned, you might
want to look at David's Sankel

The examples for Grapefruit can be found in the darcs repos as mentioned
here <http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Grapefruit>