[Haskell-cafe] Sequence differences

michael rice nowgate at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 10 11:24:40 EDT 2009

All very neat, and it works! Thanks.

But I copied

map :: (a -> b) -> [a] -> [b]    <==  I'm assuming this is correct

from something called "A Tour of the Haskell Prelude" at

http://undergraduate.csse.uwa.edu.au/units/CITS3211/lectureNotes/tourofprelude.html#all

which I was looking at to try and roll my own typing.

My next question:

My function

s f ls

seems much like

map f ls

but instead looks like

Clearly, there's more to the picture than meets the eye. Is there a good tutorial on types?

Michael