[Haskell-cafe] ANN: tree-monad 0.2

Sebastian Fischer sebf at informatik.uni-kiel.de
Wed Apr 8 16:30:21 EDT 2009

I am pleased to announce version 0.2 of the package tree-monad that
provides instances of MonadPlus that represent the search space of non-
deterministic computations as a tree.

In version 0.2 I have implemented an optimized CPS version of the tree
monad based on the idea described in "Asymptotic Improvement of
Computations over Free Monads" [^1].

The package is on Hackage:
      http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/tree-monad

The sources are on Github:
      http://github.com/sebfisch/tree-monad

Installation and usage instructions are at:
      http://sebfisch.github.com/tree-monad

A possible application of search trees is parallel search as described
in the blog post:

      http://www-ps.informatik.uni-kiel.de/~sebf/haskell/speedup-search-with-parallelism.lhs.html

The package parallel-tree-search by Fabian Reck and myself

      http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/parallel-tree-search

implements the search described in the above blog post based on the
hereby announced package tree-monad.

Cheers,
Sebastian

[^1]: http://wwwtcs.inf.tu-dresden.de/~voigt/mpc08.pdf