[Haskell-cafe] advice on space efficient data structure with efficient snoc operation

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Tue Apr 7 11:07:50 EDT 2009

Edward Kmett ha scritto:
> I'm in the process of adding a Data.Sequence.Unboxed to
> unboxed-containers. I hope to have it in hackage today or tomorrow,
> should its performance work out as well as Data.Set.Unboxed.

Looking at the data definition of Data.Sequence I suspect that it is not
really space efficient.

Please note that I have 480189 arrays, where each array has, on average,
209 (Word16 :*: Word8) elements.

Using a [(Word32, UArr (Word16 :*: Word8))] takes about 800 MB (but it's
hard to measure exact memory usage).

 > [...]

Thanks  Manlio