[Haskell-cafe] ghc --make unable to find dynamic library, but ghci can

Duane Johnson duane.johnson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 15:58:13 EDT 2009

Hi Haskellers,

This is related to my previous message, "Linking hmatrix without
LAPACK".  Apparently, ghc --make is not finding the lapack.dylib
library where ghci is (dylib is Mac OS X specific) .  For example, the
following test module does NOT work when compiled with ghc --make:

> module Main where
>  import Numeric.LinearAlgebra.Tests
>
>  main = do
>    runTests 20

But the following runs fine in ghci:

> $ ghci
> GHCi, version 6.10.1: http://www.haskell.org/ghc/  :? for help
> Prelude> :m Numeric.LinearAlgebra.Tests
> Prelude Numeric.LinearAlgebra.Tests> runTests 20
> ------ mult
> OK, passed 100 tests.
> OK, passed 100 tests.
> [...more tests pass...]