[Haskell-cafe] Re: Unary Minus

Benjamin L.Russell DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com
Mon Apr 6 06:04:17 EDT 2009

Interesting.  How is this hack implemented?

I just checked the BNF grammar for the lexical syntax of Haskell in
"The Haskell 98 Language Report" (see the BNF grammer given under "9.2
Lexical Syntax" under "9  Syntax Reference" at
http://www.haskell.org/onlinereport/syntax-iso.html), but had
difficulty in deriving a unary minus.

Could somebody please enlighten me on how to derive the expression
"-1" (a unary minus followed the the ascDigit 1) from the
above-mentioned BNF grammar?  Or is a unary minus not part of this
grammar?

-- Benjamin L. Russell