[Haskell-cafe] Questions about slow GC with STArray

FFT fft1976 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 04:56:51 EDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 1:49 AM, Bulat Ziganshin
<bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Are those the only legal contents of STUArray?
>
> numbers, chars, vanilla pointers. UArray just mimics C arrays, after all

I haven't gotten to learning about them in detail yet, but my hope was
that STUArray was like vector<T>  in C++, and STArray was like
vector<T*>. Both are fairly general.

So if I need a array of complex numbers in Haskell, will I need an
extra level of indirection compared to C? And in addition to that some
serious issues with GC speed if those arrays need to be mutable?