[Haskell-cafe] Linking hmatrix without LAPACK

Duane Johnson duane.johnson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 01:02:07 EDT 2009

I'm curious if there is a quick fix to this.  I installed GLS and
hmatrix, and it runs wonderfully together in ghci.  When I run ghc --
make, however, I run into the following link dependency:

Linking SilkwormGame ...
Undefined symbols:
   "_dgemm_", referenced from:
       _multiplyR in libHShmatrix-0.5.0.1.a(lapack-aux.o)
   "_dgesv_", referenced from:
       _linearSolveR_l in libHShmatrix-0.5.0.1.a(lapack-aux.o)
	... etc

Is there a way to tell ghc to not link these?  Or am I making a poor
assumption that if my code runs in ghci, it does not need LAPACK?

Thanks,
Duane Johnson