[Haskell-cafe] Hackage not updating package list

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Sun Apr 5 12:47:28 EDT 2009

johan.tibell:
> Hi,
>
> I just uploaded network-2.2.1. It appears on Hackage [1] but a `cabal
> update` followed by `cabal install network-2.2.1` results in:
>
> Resolving dependencies...
> cabal: There is no available version of network that satisfies ==2.2.1
>
> The upload took a very long time and it seemed to time out at some
> point. My guess is that Hackage got itself into an inconsistent state.
> Could someone who has access to the Hackage server check what
> happened?
>
> 1. http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/network-2.2.1

Seems to have worked now. We had time out problems a couple of weeks ago
too. Unknown cause at this point.

All seems to be working though:

    $ cabal install network-bytestring
    Installing library in
    /home/dons/.cabal/lib/network-bytestring-0.1.2/ghc-6.10.1
    Registering network-bytestring-0.1.2...
    Reading package info from "dist/installed-pkg-config" ... done.
    Writing new package config file... done.