[Haskell-cafe] Retargeting the ghc code generator

Toby Hutton toby.hutton at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 19:19:30 EDT 2009

2009/4/3 Vasili I. Galchin <vigalchin at gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
>       Is there any project to retarget the GHC code generator to generate
> Common Intermediate Language(CLI) in order to run on Mono or .NET? I assume
> that Mondrian did precisely that.

There are/were a couple of projects attempting that or to bring
Haskell to .NET in general, but with limited success.

MSR were considering it but due to qualities like purity and laziness
making it difficult they chose to bring Ocaml to .NET and came up with
F#.  http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/cambridge/projects/fsharp/