[Haskell-cafe] Funny type signature question

Felipe Lessa felipe.lessa at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 15:06:04 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 09:54:16PM +0300, Michael Snoyman wrote:
> Interesting alternative. However, I think the ScopedTypeVariables looks a
> little bit cleaner. I'll keep the asTypeOf in mind for the future though.

That is a matter of taste.  However 'asTypeOf' has a clear
advantage: it is Haskell 98.  This is also a matter of taste, but
I prefer not to use extensions whenever they don't bring any real
gain (e.g. sometimes you can't use 'asTypeOf', and the scoped
type variables are your only option).

--
Felipe.