[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Buster 0.99.1, a library for application orchestration that is not FRP

Jeff Heard jefferson.r.heard at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 11:15:16 EDT 2009

It is parametrically polymorphic in a.  And no, it's an arbitrary
decision, BUT...  it allows me and other users to define generally
useful behaviours and widgets to package with the library using the
basic types without locking down 'a'.  The EventData type looks like
this:

data Event a { ..., edata :: EData a, ... }

data EData a = EChar Char
  | EString String
  | EStringL [String]
  | EByteString ByteString
  | EByteStringL [ByteString]
  | EInt Int
  | EIntL [Int]
  | EDouble Double
  | EDoubleL [Double]
  | EBool Bool
  | EBoolL [Bool]
  | EOther a
  | EOtherL [a]

Now, given that arbitrary decision, I'd be willing to modify Event so
that it is parametric on 'a' without EData and include EData as an
"example" binding for 'a' if the user chooses to use it.  However, I
foresee most behaviours and widgets that are "generally useful" to be
dependent on this type, which is why I made it a basic part of Event.

-- Jeff