[Haskell-cafe] Reverting to any old version using Darcs

Claus Reinke claus.reinke at talk21.com
Wed Apr 1 17:25:50 EDT 2009

Perhaps the rumours refer to non-tagged "versions"? In
conventional non-distributed version control systems, one
might go back to the version on a specific date, while with
darcs, that only makes sense wrt a specific repo (I think?).

So you can unpull all patches after a date from your local
repo, but that doesn't mean that you get a repo that matches
someone else's repo after they perform the same procedure.
If both parties commit to a central repo, and pull all changes
via that, there is a greater chance of date-based synchronicity.

Claus