[Haskell-cafe] Re: ANNOUNCE: vacuum-cairo: a cairo frontend to vacuum for live Haskell data visualization

Gleb Alexeyev gleb.alexeev at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 10:02:52 EDT 2009

Don Stewart wrote:
> I am pleased to announce the release of vacuum-cairo, a Haskell library
> for interactive rendering and display of values on the GHC heap using
> Matt Morrow's vacuum library.

Awesome stuff, kudos to you and Matt Morrow!

I thought it'd be fun to visualize data structures in three dimensions.
Attached is quick and dirty hack based on your code and Ubigraph server
(http://ubietylab.net/ubigraph/).

The demo video (apologies for poor quality):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mMH1cHWB6c

If someone finds it fun enough, I'll cabalize it and upload to Hackage.