[Haskell-cafe] System.Process

wman 666wman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 14:48:21 EDT 2008

how about using a wrapper script, to which you would supply the value as
parameter
so you would just use runCommand "thescript <envval> <rest of parameters>" ?

Herein lies the problem: I have a program that accepts complete commands
> from a file and executes them. It works perfectly. And now I'd just like to
> set an environment variable while each command runs... But alas no, the only
> way to do that is with runProcess, which expects me to parse the command
> line first. (Before anybody remarks that "words" will do this, consider the
> "echo" command, which treats whitespace meaningfully.)

on windows, echo is just a shell command, not executable, so it gets special
treatment.