[Haskell-cafe] Hmm, what license to use?

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 07:58:08 EDT 2008

Hello Magnus,

> AFAIU you are saying that the linker is reaching into the module's .a
> file, pulling out the .o file, and then reaching into that .o file to
> pull out an individual function's ASM code.  I believe that's a bit more
> than regular C linkers would do.

compiled haskell module represented in ghc as a .hi+.o files,
installed libraries as a .a plus a set of .h files (you may find lots
of .hi in your ghc installation)

afaiu, .hi files contains parts f source haskell code in some
partially compiled form. ability to perform inter-module and
inter-library inlining is a key to efficiency of ghc-compiled
programs, specially for polymorphic functions. when you use such
functions as head, you are definitely got them inlined

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com