[Haskell-cafe] Haskell board game

Tim Docker twd2 at dockerz.net
Wed Sep 24 22:23:40 EDT 2008

> I'm interested in doing a simple board game on haskell. For that I want
> to be able to draw stuff like the possible player movements and I want
> to be able to display very simple animations. I want to know what
> graphical interface library you suggest to me.

There's (at least) two comprehensive APIs for drawing pictures from
haskell. If you need 3D, then OpenGL is your best choice. For 2D you can
still use OpenGL, but you may prefer the cairo bindings, which provide an
easy to use postscript-style vector drawing model.

Tim

http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Opengl
http://haskell.org/gtk2hs/archives/category/cairo/