[Haskell-cafe] Climbing up the shootout...

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 11:28:55 EDT 2008

Hello Donnie,

> I don't understand why you are willing to criticize GHC, but
> unwilling to help improve GHC.  Personally, I think it is a waste of
> everyone's time for you to just complain about GHC without offering
> suggestions on how to improve GHC -- What is the point?

i don't criticize nor complain. haskell is much more higher-level
language than C and that's the reason why it's slower. i just cold
down heroes that lie to novices saying that Haskell is as fast or even
faster than C. if i will say that Ford is slower than F1 cars, is it
complaints or critics? :)

when i worked on high-speed Haskell libs, i helped GHC team a bit by
showing concrete cases. now i just don't work in this area so i have a
little to offer

ps: xposted to cafe

--
Best regards,