[Haskell-cafe] Climbing up the shootout...

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 09:52:06 EDT 2008

Hello John,

> Probably not, but I think you completely missed my point. Perhaps I
> should have originally written "my original C equivalents" rather
> than "the". You're probably just a better C programmer than me.

well, i don't say about me personnaly or someone else. my points is that

1) modern C compilers allows to get close-to-asm performance. Haskell don't
2) fastest Haskell code is very hard to write, much harder than C one

so trying to write fastest possible code in Haskell you lose several
times in both speed of code and speed of development. of course i mean
here best Haskell and C optimization knowledge, personal skills may vary

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com