[Haskell-cafe] Packages

Dougal Stanton dougal at dougalstanton.net
Tue Sep 23 07:09:58 EDT 2008

2008/9/23 Cetin Sert <cetin.sert at gmail.com>:
> Austin:

> Let's say I go and compile a library from sources and install it through
> Cabal.
> How can I update the binary version of the library Cabal installed after
> recompiling the library using newer/modified sources?

That should happen automatically with cabal-install if the version
number in the .cabal file has changed.

There doesn't seem to be a good way of forcing cabal-install to
recreate a build (eg, if you want to rebuild/reinstall with
profiling). I think you need to unregister the package manually first.
:-(

Dougal Stanton
dougal at dougalstanton.net // http://www.dougalstanton.net