[Haskell-cafe] Climbing up the shootout...

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Tue Sep 23 05:36:16 EDT 2008

Don Stewart ha scritto:
> [...]
> Ok. So I'll just say: high level, efficient code is an overriding theme
> of many individuals working on Haskell. Things are better and better
> each year. We do not stand still.

Any roadmap for improve support in intensive IO multiplexing?
Or, at least, some papers about how this is implemented in GHC?

Af far as I understand, select is used in two separate places.
How much effort it takes to implement a pluggable "reactor" (select,
poll, epoll, kqueue, /dev/poll, and so)?

 > [...]

Thanks  Manlio Perillo