[Haskell-cafe] Packages

Wolfgang Jeltsch g9ks157k at acme.softbase.org
Tue Sep 23 04:42:09 EDT 2008

Am Sonntag, 21. September 2008 09:44 schrieb Andrew Coppin:
> […]

> 2. If we already have a Cabal package, why do we also need seperate
> packages for Arch, Gentoo, Debian...? Isn't Cabal cross-platform?

If I want to install gtk2hs on Debian, I’d like gtk (the C library) to be
automatically installed.  And I want Debian’s gtk package because this is the
one, other Debian-packaged software uses.

And a Debian user installing an application written in Haskell wants to use
the Debian package manager.

> […]

Best wishes,
Wolfgang