[Haskell-cafe] Line noise

Stephan Friedrichs deduktionstheorem at web.de
Mon Sep 22 04:46:11 EDT 2008

Andrew Coppin wrote:
> [...]
> - Variable names such as "x" and "f" aren't fabulously helpful to lost
> programmers trying to find their way.

I'm not a fan of cryptic variable names, either, and I try to use
descriptive names wherever I can. But in Haskell...

 - ... you often have variables, which have a scope of far less than a
   line such as in "map (\(x, (_, y)) -> (x, y) ..." (cleaning
   intermediate results from a list).

 - ... things often get very abstract, so that it just feels wrong
   matching on, say, (socket:sockets) instead of (x:xs).

> [...]

//Stephan

--

Früher hieß es ja: Ich denke, also bin ich.
Heute weiß man: Es geht auch so.

 - Dieter Nuhr