[Haskell-cafe] Linker Errors For OpenGL / GLUT 'Hello World' Program.

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Sat Sep 20 22:11:47 EDT 2008

On 2008 Sep 20, at 21:47, Donnie Jones wrote:
> However, when building the Haskell GLUT 'Hello World' it uses, -lGLU
> to link GLUT, but that does not work; however, from the config.log
> output configure seems to think that -lGL should work.  Is there a
> way I can change the build to use -lglut?  Maybe with configure I
> can specify that -lglut is the correct way to link the GLUT libraries?

Actually config.log said -lGLU worked.  If it's not present, maybe the
simplest solution is to make a symlink.  (It would only need to be
present for compilation; ld will use the SONAME entry in the library
to find the runtime name, so it'll correctly use libglut.so.)

Fixing it at the level of the configure script is less than simple;
you would need to modify configure.in and run autoreconf on it to
produce a fixed configure (and you're in trouble if you have an older
autotools than was used to create it originally).

system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at ece.cmu.edu