[Haskell-cafe] Re: Ropes

Rafael Gustavo da Cunha Pereira Pinto RafaelGCPP.Linux at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 16:08:13 EDT 2008

I have been told that you could pretty much literally implement the
> algorithms
> from the problem specification with  Seq  from  Data.Sequence  and achieve
> acceptable speed (IIRC ~ one minute for generating a whole picture).

Yes, it is straightforward to implement the algorithm when using sequences.

> Are you sure that there is no unintentional bug in your implementation that
> slows things down?

The test cases on the problem definition all worked, but they touch very
little of the code.

I added some "trace" calls, but could not see any trouble. I also did some
runs "by hand" and it  seemed ok.

If only Gödel was wrong... :-)

--
Rafael Gustavo da Cunha Pereira Pinto