[Haskell-cafe] Hugs on the iphone

Alberto R. Galdo argaldo.haskell at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 12:03:25 EDT 2008

Hi,

   I finally got hugs to compile for the iPhone 2.x firmware (
pwnaged,obviously ).

   It was a matter of using the gcc compiler version distributed by apple in
their iPhone SDK ( wich generates ARM code and suitable for cross-compiling
C code in a mac ), autoconf 'configure' script tweaking and some system
variables hacking here and there.

   So, now you ( and I ), people will be able to run your Haskell code
directly on the iPhone using hugs ( hoping not to be the only one... ;-))

   I'm in the process of submitting the package to one of those "public"
repositories of iphone apps... you'll have notices soon.

   If someone can resist, and like to have cydia compatible packages, just
drop me a note and I'll send them to you by mail.

Greets,

Alberto