[Haskell-cafe] control-timeout with gtk

Thomas M. DuBuisson thomas.dubuisson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 19:34:12 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-09-19 at 09:09 -0300, Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva wrote:
> I added the NOINLINE annotations and even tried building with -fno-cse,
> but the result was the same.  Do you have any other suggestions?

A while ago I made a shim using control-event to provide the
control-timeout api in Control.Event.Timeout.  It performs worse than
control-timeout because it computes absolute times on each addTimeout
call, but might be fine for your needs.

If this is a problem with unsafePeformIO it won't be fixed by this
change - control-event uses the same hack to provide the control-timeout
API.  Alternatively, you could pass the timeout data structure as an
argument as expected by the Control.Event module.

http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/control-event

Tom