[Haskell-cafe] A round of golf

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Fri Sep 19 06:37:12 EDT 2008

"Creighton Hogg" <wchogg at gmail.com> writes:

> To ask an overly general question, if lazy bytestring makes a nice
> provider for incremental processing are there reasons to _not_ reach
> for that as my default when processing large files?

I think it is a nice default.

I'd reach for strict bytestrings if I know the file will be processed
in a strict manner (not single-pass stream-through), and I just have
to have the last few percent speedup.  I'll use [String] only for
small examples, where the extra imports cost more than the performance
loss.

-k