[Haskell-cafe] Re: Windows details

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Sat Sep 13 09:13:21 EDT 2008

Jeff Zaroyko wrote:
> Andrew Coppin <andrewcoppin <at> btinternet.com> writes:
>

>> I literally cannot *believe* how hard it is to put a few little words
>> into that version tab... Every other kind of resource seems to be
>> completely trivial, but this just won't work for toffee!
>>

> I'm sure you'll work something out, my test worked, I used a .res file I had
> lying around from Wine's ddraw.dll, used windres ddraw.res -o version.o to make
> an object file then using ghc hello.hs version.o linked it against hello world.

Well, you must either be running under a different OS or have Cygwin
installed, because when I try it, it just complains constantly. ("Can't
find gcc", "can't find cc1", "can't find crt.o", and so forth.) At this
point, I'm giving up. I only wanted this for the shininess value. It's
not worth this much trouble...