[Haskell-cafe] Erroneous package listings in hackage?

Dougal Stanton dougal at dougalstanton.net
Sat Sep 13 07:06:19 EDT 2008

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 1:51 AM, Duncan Coutts
<duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> Perhaps for packages that are installed but not re-installable via Cabal
> (like cairo, base, ghc etc) it should say something. Do you have any
> specific suggestions?

Well that explains it then! I had no idea it listed stuff not
available from Hackage. I've been using `cabal list | grep foo` to
search for packages but that's obviously not optimal, it seems.

I don't know what would clarify the matter. An "available from
Hackage: (yes/no)" field? Or a flag to pass to `cabal list` to show
Hackage stuff only?

Dougal Stanton
dougal at dougalstanton.net // http://www.dougalstanton.net