[Haskell-cafe] Windows console

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Fri Sep 12 15:29:13 EDT 2008

Max Bolingbroke wrote:
> 2008/9/9 Andrew Coppin <andrewcoppin at btinternet.com>:
>
>> Actually, now that I think about it, it would be kind of nice to have a
>> magic package that writes out escape codes or calls the Win32 API depending
>> on which platform your program is compiled on - in the style of
>> System.FilePath. I don't know how to do that though... A nice idea, guys?
>>

> I wrote this package a few weeks ago: check out
> http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/ansi-terminal
> and it's companion
> http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/ansi-wl-pprint

Ah, so somebody has already beaten me to it, eh? Looks like the only
thing it doesn't do is let you change the title on the console window.
(Because, obviously, that's only possible on Windows.) And what do you
know, it installed out of the box without issue on my Windows system.
Now that's pretty rare...

Any ideas about the build log error that's preventing Hackage from
autogenerating the documentation?