[Haskell-cafe] Erroneous package listings in hackage?

Henk-Jan van Tuyl hjgtuyl at chello.nl
Fri Sep 12 08:18:41 EDT 2008

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 13:21:59 +0200, Dougal Stanton
<dougal at dougalstanton.net> wrote:

> $ cabal update
> $ cabal list | less
>  * cairo
>       Latest version installed: 0.9.13
>       Homepage: http://haskell.org/gtk2hs/
>       License:  BSD3
> $ cabal install cairo
> cabal: There is no package named cairo
>
> I must admit I was surprised to see a gtk2hs module on Hackage, but
> not half as surprised when I found it wasn't there after all...

There is clearly something wrong here; there is also a package named gtk
that is listed with "cabal list" but cannot be downloaded.

If you need Cairo, it is included in the Gtk2Hs package (
http://haskell.org/gtk2hs/download/ ).

--
Met vriendelijke groet,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl