[Haskell-cafe] Haskell as a scripting language.

David F. Place d at vidplace.com
Wed Sep 10 17:20:54 EDT 2008

Hi, All.

I needed to make a batch of edits to some input files after a big change
in my program.  Normally, one would choose some scripting language, but
I can't bear to program in them.   The nasty thing about using Haskell
is that giving regexes as string constants sometime requires two levels
of quoting.  For instance. (mkRegex "\\\\\\\\") matches \\.

To get around that, I put the regexes in the head of a literate program
and let the program gobble itself up.  Works great!  I think I'll always
turn to Haskell for my scripting needs now.

I put the file in the Haskell Pastebin, if you would like to see it.

http://hpaste.org/10249

Cheers, David