[Haskell-cafe] Haskell and Java

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Wed Sep 10 08:12:00 EDT 2008

There used to be.
http://www.cs.rit.edu/~bja8464/lambdavm/
(Last darcs change log entry:
Sun Oct 21 03:05:20 CEST 2007  Brian Alliet <bja8464 at cs.rit.edu>
  * fix build for hsjava change
)
However it didn't compile for me or I had some other problems.
The last bits from the Java backend have been removed 4 month ago.
Someone has just said: Fine, so they are finally just gone after a long
while of just laying around (or something similar)

Eclipsefp itself is nice, but It's lacking all functionality you'd
expect from an Eclipse plugin today except compiling.
(So no outline, jump to definitions etc.. :( (AFAIK))

So if you want to revive a Haskell -> JVM project you'll need to dive
into some internals and spend quite a lot time on that project I'd guess.

Sincerly
Marc Weber