[Haskell-cafe] HXT from schema to data model

Uwe Schmidt si at fh-wedel.de
Mon Sep 8 11:27:11 EDT 2008

Hello Pierre-Edouard,

> Is there a way to generate a data model and a set of picklers from an XML (or
> RelaxNG) Schema using the HXT tool box?

the generation of a DTD out of the picklers is in an experimental stage.
The generation of a RelaxNG Schema is technically possible, but it's an
open project. It's on our TODO list for HXT.

Validation with RelaxNG within HXT is complete. What is missinig is a complete
datatype library for XML Schema Datatypes. The still missing part of the
W3C XML Schema datatype library are the datatypes for date and time,
all others are implemented.

Cheers,

 Uwe
--