[Haskell-cafe] HXT from schema to data model

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Sun Sep 7 12:31:00 EDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 07, 2008 at 03:35:40PM +0200, Pierre-Edouard Portier wrote:
> Hi!
> Is there a way to generate a data model and a set of picklers from an XML (or
> RelaxNG) Schema using the HXT tool box?

not that I'm aware of. There's something for generating a data type
and an access interface from DTD. See, in hxt source code:

examples/arrows/dtd2hxt/DTDtoHXT.hs

nothing for picklers. and nothing from RelaxNG (even the validator is
not complete).

in HaXml there could be something worth having a look to (that depends
on what you are actually search for).

I had a similar problem some time ago and was looking for something
like that to implement CSL (and XML macro language for citation
formatting), but I handed up writing all the needed boilerplate code,
for the data type and the pickler deserializer.

Anyway, drop a line if you find (or write) something.

Cheers,
Andrea