[Haskell-cafe] Functional references

Jules Bean jules at jellybean.co.uk
Fri Sep 5 05:06:39 EDT 2008

> You should package this up and put it on hackage.

It is nice, but there is already another FRef package on hackage
(Data.Accessor) and I have a home-grown one of my own, which uses
different notation / combinators to either the hackage one or  Tim's.

There are also fragments of FRef-like things in some of the big
libraries like OpenGL and GTK.

I think it would be worth spending some time (on this mailing list,
perhaps, or in another forum) trying to hash out a decent API which
meets most people's requirements, rather than ending up with 4 or 5
slightly different ones.

Jules