[haskell-cafe] Monad and kinds

Tim Chevalier catamorphism at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 22:52:55 EDT 2008

On 9/4/08, Jake Mcarthur <jake.mcarthur at gmail.com> wrote:
>  My guess would be that a master usually adds strictness annotations as
> documentation rather than as optimizations.

I'm no master, but I've never encountered a situation where strictness
annotations would be useful as documentation, nor can I imagine one.
That's because optimization *is* the only reason why programmers
should care about strictness information. IMO, arguing that
programmers should care at all amounts to conceding that default
laziness is treacherous.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Chevalier * http://cs.pdx.edu/~tjc * Often in error, never in doubt
"Stupidity combined with arrogance and a huge ego will get you a long