[Haskell-cafe] Parsec 3 Description

Philippa Cowderoy flippa at flippac.org
Thu Sep 4 14:41:49 EDT 2008

On Thu, 4 Sep 2008, John Van Enk wrote:

> I'm looking for a document describing the differences between Parsec 3 and
> Parsec 2. My google-foo must be off because I can't seem to find one. Does
> any one know where to find that information?

Unfortunately there isn't currently a good one - in fact, it raises an
issue with HackageDB, which is that there isn't a good way to handle both
stable and working releases.

The biggest differences are the addition of streams and rewriting as a
monad transformer, but I imagine you need an incompatibility list?

flippa at flippac.org

"I think you mean Philippa. I believe Phillipa is the one from an
alternate universe, who has a beard and programs in BASIC, using only
gotos for control flow." -- Anton van Straaten on Lambda the Ultimate