[Haskell-cafe] Hackage -> MacPorts?

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Wed Sep 3 16:41:49 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-03 at 13:14 -0700, John MacFarlane wrote:
> It would be great if there were an automated or semi-automated way
> of generating a MacPorts Portfile from a HackageDB package, along
> the lines of dons' cabal2arch. Has anyone been working on such a thing?
> And, are any haskell-cafe readers MacPorts committers?

Whoever starts on this should not start from scratch. We now have
several of these tools so there's lots of code to look at but ideally we
should be sharing more code.

One possible plan I have is for cabal-install to be a lib and a tool
because there's a lot of useful code in there that these tools could
re-use and share.

Duncan