[Haskell-cafe] Re: is there a way to pretty print a module?

Jason Dagit dagit at codersbase.com
Thu Oct 30 14:29:57 EDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 10:15 AM, Anatoly Yakovenko
<aeyakovenko at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> is there a way to pretty print a module?
>>> like:
>>> module Main where
>>> import Language.Haskell.TH
>>> main = do
>>>  print $ pprint Main
>> haskell-src should be able to do that.
> I think haskell-src requires you to read the module at run time.  I
> want to embed the contents of the module in my program.  Basically a
> program that can print itself.

Could you use haskell-src from TH and then unsafePerformIO to get the
reading to work during compile time?  I've done something like this in
the past with Language.Haskell and TH.  I described it here:

Maybe someone who has studied more TH knows a way to remove the unsafePerformIO.