[Haskell-cafe] RE: [Haskell] Making 'Super Nario Bros.' in Haskell‏

Eli Ford eford at griptonite.com
Wed Oct 29 20:56:04 EDT 2008

That’s great -- easy to follow, even though I can’t read the comments.  ^^

It’s not possible for actors to ‘watch’ each other in this system, correct?  For instance, if one actor holds a reference to another, it will keep that old version of the actor alive, but it won’t see when the actor moves.

This game doesn’t seem to need actors that watch each other, but it’s very common in games.  I’ve been using IORefs for that purpose, but I like how pure the Mario game is.  Is there a better way than IORefs?