[Haskell-cafe] Problems with Windows
John Van Enk
vanenkj at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 20:37:43 EDT 2008
I'm trying to reinstall network-188.8.131.52 against Parsec 3 in Windows. Well,
this is really hard/impossible to do. Here's what I've done so far:
1) After bashing my face against my desk for a while, I got cabal-install
installed in windows.
2) cabal install network --reinstall
3) This freaks out because I don't have hsc2hs installed, but it doesn't
tell me that, it just complains about something having to do with sizeof.
4) I figure out that I need hsc2hs installed, and i put cabal-install to use
fetching it for me.
5) cabal-install fails because hsc2hs needs the process and directory
packages, but they aren't exposed by the cabal file (at least in the version
sitting on hackage, I assume this is the right one to use).
6) I give up on using cabal-install to get hsc2hs, so i download the targz
for hsc2hs directly.
7) I fix the .cabal file to include process and directory
8) runhaskell Setup configure:
>runhaskell Setup configure
Warning: No 'build-type' specified. If you do not need a custom Setup.hs or
./configure script then use 'build-type: Simple'.
9) runhaskell Setup build:
Everything works fine.
10) runhaskell Setup install:
Everything works fine.
11) Go back to try and install network-184.108.40.206 again with cabal-install.
12) Gets past the sizeof/hsc2hs errors, but then chokes on spaces in build
Preprocessing library network-220.127.116.11...
gcc.exe: Files\Haskell\parsec-18.104.22.168\ghc-6.8.3: No such file or directory
linking dist\build\Network\BSD_hsc_make.o failed
command was: C:\ghc\ghc-6.8.3\gcc.exe -BC:\ghc\ghc-6.8.3\gcc-lib
-lwsock32 -lmsvcrt -lkernel32 -luser32 -lshell32 -LC:\ghc\ghc-6.8.3
-LC:\ghc\ghc-6.8.3/gcc-lib -lm -lgmp -lwsock32
dist\build\Network\BSD_hsc_make.o -o dist\build\Network\BSD_hsc_make.exe
cabal: Error: some packages failed to install:
network-22.214.171.124 failed during the building phase. The exception was:exit:
13) And this is where I finally gave up and came here.
Does any one have any insight into:
1) Why cabal doesn't check for hsc2hs during a configure
2) How I can rebuild network-126.96.36.199 on my Windows box without sacrificing a
goat to Bill Gates/GHC Gods?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Haskell-Cafe