[Haskell-cafe] using ghc as a library

Thomas Schilling nominolo at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 27 18:23:36 EDT 2008

Not at the moment.  I was thinking about abstracting out the finder,
which might be useful for other things, too.  Can you maybe describe
your actual goal?  Adding an import "foo/bar" would not parse, so you
must have some kind of preprocessing going on, so you might be able to
insert some dummy imports there which you then have to provide.  E.g.:
import "foo/bar.hs" ~~> import CafeF00d.Foo.Bar, and you then copy (or
symlink) foo/bar.hs to CafeF00d/Foo/Bar.hs.  You can put those into a
special directory which you prepend to the list of searched
directories.

I still can't see a good use case for this, though.